Saturday, January 16, 2010

I've been away a long long time

A lot has changed since my last post. I've separated from my husband ... actually he decided he needed to 'find himself' or 'take a breath' or 'clear his head' or whatever. Bottom line, he left, and one of my first thoughts was "cool, now I won't have to listen to him whine about how much I read". I also have had a knee replaced, lost my job because of the surgery and have inherited a whole lot of problems.

But am I still reading, you bet. Because I haven't been mobile for several weeks and able to either get to the bookstore or the library very easily I find myself re-reading some old favorites.

First, Georgette Heyer....historical and hysterical Regency romances. Read them and learn something.

Then there is Donna Andrews.....her bird series "Murder with Peacocks" is a laugh riot from beginning to end.....the latest is "Swan for the Money". All of the books are good, read them, enter Meg's world.

And finally on my current re-read list are some of the early works of Elizabeth Peters-Barbara Michaels. "Ammie Come Home", "Devil May Care", "The Love Talker", the list is long, the reading enjoyment enormous.

Well, its time for another pain pill and I need to do some exercises.....the doctor, the physical therapist and my home nurse keep telling me it will get better.....

No comments:

Post a Comment